This is my favorite delightful kale salad! It’s brimming with freshness and packed with nutrients for health and vitality. I enriched this recipe through years of inspired dining experiences in various restaurants with my kids. It’s a healthy salad recipe you’ll want to make on repeat. A delicious kale crunch salad with the best blend of flavors!
The best KALE SALAD I've had in years. Thank you! – ROSA (SPH RN)
M very first kale salad came from my very own garden from the inspiration of my flower farming mentor Erin of Floret Flower Farm. She inspired me to grow kale not only for healthy edible ventures but also for ornamental reasons.
Olive Oil: Regular or extra-virgin olive oil will work depending on how strong of a flavor you’d like. 1 TBSP
Lemon juice: In a pinch lime juice will work too. Be sure to use fresh. 1 TBSP
Maple syrup: Don’t use pancake syrup. Honey is another great option. 1 TBSP
Kale: I make this with curly kale 5-7 CUPS
Apple: Pears are another great option. Diced to small bites. 1 CUP
Carrots: No great subs here, just omit if you are out. Julienne cuts. 1 CUP
Cranberry raisins: grape raisins will do too. 1/2 CUP
Egg Mayonnaise: avocado mayonnaise is a great alternative. 1 CUP
Sesame seed oil: a must ingredient! 1 TBSP
Roasted Marcona Almonds with Rosemary from Trader Joe's. 1 CUP
1. MAKE THE SALAD DRESSING. In a mixing bowl whisk together a cup of mayonnaise, a tbsp of maple syrup, and a tsp of sesame seed oil. Let rest in the fridge while preparing the remaining salad ingredients.
2. PREPARE THE KALE. Remove kale leaves from thick ribs. Rinse and run through a salad spinner to dry well.
3. THINLY SLICE THE KALE. Working in batches on a cutting board, gather and bunch kale leaves together and thinly slice creating ribbons. Then massage the ribbons of kale with lemon juice.
4. ADD SALAD INGREDIENTS TO BOWL. Transfer kale to a very large bowl along with apples, carrots, almonds, and raisins.
5. TOSS WITH DRESSING. Whisk dressing again then pour over salad. Toss well to evenly coat.
6. SERVE within a few hours for best results.
INJOY! Any protein topping of choice can be added... Wait for my new pictures for these wholesome complete dish of delight! See you soon!